Location - Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Salary - £27K to £35K depending on experience
Ideally, we would like to appoint someone with one or more years prior experience but we are very happy to also consider recent graduates. They will become part of a small experienced team. This is a key appointment sitting at the crossroads of information flows in the company.
The successful candidate will report to the Development Manager and will have excellent scope to pursue a career in technical writing or in other aspects of our business, as they progress.
If you lack some of the skill sets we would like but have a passion and aptitude for making a career in our dynamic industry, we will be pleased to hear from you.
• Taking technical input from our development staff and other technical sources
• Understanding the documentation requirements of internal staff, resellers and end-users
• Maintaining help and other technical documentation including online help for both users and integrators
Key Skills & Experience required:
• Excellent written and spoken English
• A clear, concise and organised writing style
• The ability to document and describe software functionality to a wide readership, some of whom will be non-technical
• The ability to acquire knowledge quickly, from written sources, discussions and project documentation
• General IT skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Willing and able to learn new skills on the job
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• Experience as a technical author/technical writer in a company that produces sophisticated software products
• Good university degree
• Understanding of modern software development techniques and standards with the ability to maintain Sytel's documentation framework
• Appreciation of VOIP and web interface technologies
• Starting salary between £27K and £35K depending on experience.
• Contributory pension scheme
• Company health scheme
• Stock options
Email applications to:
Lisa Adams - email@example.com
Postal applications to:
1 Cromwell Court,
Bucks HP20 2PB,
Sytel is an industry leader in state-of-the-art, cloud-based contact centre and telecommunications technology. Our products include inbound and outbound switching, agent desktop scripting, media processing, voice recording, data management and reporting and integration services.
This suite of components can be delivered as an integrated solution, or instead, partners can easily integrate individual components with their own architecture.
Our products are used by leading call centres in over 50 countries around the world.