At a Glance
Sophisticated routing decisions
When a session (voice, chat, SMS or other) enters the contact center, decisions must be made about what to do with it. SCC offers flexibility in all these decisions.
They can be made based on:
- CLI – Calling Line Identity (telephony), or sender ID/ ‘from’ address (text-based)
- DNIS – Dialed Number Identification Service (telephony), or destination ID/ ‘to’ address (text-based)
- IVR choice – the voice caller making a selection, e.g. pressing ‘0’ for Reception
- Chatbot response – the chatter entering their ID number
- 3rd party software/ web service response – a list of possible agents is presented to an external process, which returns a selected agent/ queue
- Any field in any database/ web service – information can be retrieved on which to base a decision, e.g. past spending level
- Customer contact history – which agent(s) they have interacted with before
- Agent skills – e.g. French speaker
- Agent status – e.g. not scheduled for a break or other work
- Contact center status – e.g. current performing against all SLAs
- Speech – e.g. the caller saying ‘Account balance’
All these decisions can be specified and combined using Softdial Pathfinder™.
Intelligent routing in SCC
This video demonstrates how the factors above affect inbound routing decisions in a dynamic media blending environment.
The result is a significant reduction in wait times for priority and repeat customers, a more personalised experience and provides the agent with the information to cross-sell or upsell products.
Sytel’s enhanced skills-based routing means our customers are now connecting with the same agents they have previously dealt with and, most importantly, trust.
We are very happy with how our reputation for excellent customer service has sky rocketed in the past few months.
IVR is often the first contact customers have with a supplier, so clear, effective IVR design is paramount. SCC enables clear and precise IVR design by using visual flow charts within Softdial Scripter™, a single tool to design and deliver even the most complex IVR flows.
For a more in-depth look at SCC’s IVR capabilities visit IVR, Conversational AI and Chatbots.
Many of our customers have gone from queue wait times of 5 minutes and upwards unattended, to being attended to within a few seconds.
Needless to say they’ve noticed the difference and have reflected this in the immensely improved feedback they’ve provided.
Customers leave voicemail using SCC’s inbuilt voice recording facility. This can then be automatically emailed to a recipient, or sent to an inbound email campaign, for further prompt action.
See also …
Connecting to an agent with a previous successful relationship with the customer
Simple building blocks to allow the development of any kind of routing rules, for any media, for realtime deployment
Highly complex rules and conditions to be applied to session flow for all media types
Advanced Routing Examples
Five use case examples showing how Pathfinder may be used to optimise the customer experience