Sytel Ltd – Job Vacancy
QA Test Engineer
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
£40,000 – £45,000 per annum
Sytel develops and delivers a cloud contact center communications platform that our customers use to provide mission-critical voice and multimedia infrastructure. We have an opening for a test engineer who wants to hone their skills testing real-time communications systems and grow into a bigger role.
This position is open to test professionals with some experience working with complex software in a product development environment. The successful candidate will receive training in communications systems, both formal and on the job, and will quickly become a valued member of our R&D team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Elaborating, executing and improving the test plan for releases
- Designing and implementing a new regression test suite, working with the R&D team to specify tools
- Evaluating our current test strategy, looking for constant improvement
- Liaising with development leads to scope and estimate testing requirements for new software components.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven ability to solve problems and think laterally
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of and some experience of test automation
- Integration/API testing – design and execute test cases on a modular basis using internal APIs
- End-to-end testing – simulate customer environment to analyse full functionality and generate production loads.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Triage work – precise analysis of logs generated by tests to identify issues
- Regression testing – identifying weaknesses/vulnerable areas in the software to build new regression sets
- Understanding of contact centres, SIP telephony and WebRTC
- Basic understanding of the Developer Console tool in modern browsers
- Experience with security testing (e.g. SQL injection, XSS)
- Use of Postman.
- Salary £40,000 – £45,000 per annum
- Company Health Insurance Scheme
- Pension Contributions
- Stock Options.
How to apply
Email applications to:
Postal applications to:
1 Cromwell Court
Bucks HP20 2PB
If you apply for a role at Sytel we will use your information only as part of the selection procedure. If you are not successful in your application we will not retain your records.