Sytel Ltd – Job Vacancy
Software Support Engineer
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Starting salary up to £40K depending on experience
This job involves support direct to our customers and also working with our development staff to ensure that we deliver the best possible service to our customers in a timely way.
Ideally, we would like to appoint someone with one or more years prior experience but we are very happy to also consider recent IT graduates. The successful appointee will join a small experienced team. The scope for learning and advancement in this role is excellent.
If you lack some of the skill sets we would like, but have a passion and aptitude for making a career in our dynamic industry, we will be pleased to hear from you.
Please note that a willingness to work night shifts on a rota basis is required.
Essential Skills/ Experience
- Triage experience with software systems (including log analysis; troubleshooting; identifying and classifying issues)
- Good knowledge of software troubleshooting tools and techniques
- A strong ability to solve problems and think laterally
- Understanding of SQL databases
- Software installation and deployment experience
- Willing to take initiative to learn about new products
- A strong customer focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A demonstrable record of achievement in either relevant previous position(s) or academic work.
Highly Desirable Skills/ Experience
- Familiarisation with deploying and supporting applications on AWS and Azure
- Experience of working with carriers on IP provisioning.
Desirable Skills/ Experience
- Software development or testing experience/background
- Understanding of telephony, VoIP, WebRTC, HTTP, HTTPS
- Understanding of NoSQL databases
- Contact centre exposure
- Starting salary up to £40K depending on experience
- Company Healthcare Scheme
- Pension Contributions
- Stock Options
How to apply
Email applications to:
Postal applications to:
1 Cromwell Court
Bucks HP20 2PB
If you apply for a role at Sytel we will use your information only as part of the selection procedure. If you are not successful in your application we will not retain your records.