Sytel Ltd – Job Vacancy
L2/L3 Software Support Engineer (on site)
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
£35,000 – £40,000 per annum (DOE) plus shift allowance
Sytel develops and delivers a full-service cloud contact center software stack that is delivered either through partners who host in public cloud or their own Colo, or directly to customers through the Softdial Cloud service, and directly to large customers on their cloud infrastructure.
This job involves support and troubleshooting platform and environment issues. This is typically L2 or L3 support activity as per ITIL. This is an opportunity to grow your skills in communications software and best practice in an environment with a diverse customer base. You will be working with our production engineering software team to ensure that we deliver rapid response to customers and keep mission-critical systems running.
Support currently runs a 2-shift operation; day is 9am to 5.30pm and evening is 3pm to midnight, with evening shift also providing on-call cover at weekends. A willingness to work evening shifts on a rota basis is required upon completion of probation.
A phone and laptop will be provided for on-call work.
Please note this is an office based position and as such we will only consider local candidates, those within a 30 minute commuting distance or those willing to relocate.
Sytel plans to scale its support operation as our subscriber base grows. This growth will present opportunities within the support team.
Essential Skills/ Experience
- Triage experience with software systems (including log analysis; troubleshooting; identifying and classifying issues)
- Good knowledge of software troubleshooting tools and techniques
- The ability to solve problems and think laterally
- A working knowledge of SQL databases
- Software installation and deployment experience
- Willing to take initiative to learn about new products
- A strong customer focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A demonstrable record of achievement in previous position(s)
- Familiarisation with deploying and supporting applications on AWS and Azure.
Desirable Skills/ Experience
- Understanding of Contact Centre operations
- Understanding of SIP-based telephony and WebRTC
- Understanding of network protocols
- Understanding of NoSQL databases
- Experience of working with carriers on IP provisioning.
- Salary £35,000 – £40,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus shift allowance
- Company Health Insurance Scheme
- Pension Contributions
- Stock Options
How to apply
Email applications to:
Postal applications to:
1 Cromwell Court
Bucks HP20 2PB
If you apply for a role at Sytel we will use your information only as part of the selection procedure. If you are not successful in your application we will not retain your records.