At a Glance
Multiple options to mix retries with fresh numbers
Automated dialer performance and compliance tuning
Automated ‘Do Not Call’ (DNC) list cleaning
About Softdial Campaign Manager™
Any outreach to consumers can be complex, requiring many decisions for each contact, such as:
- Which channel should be used? (phone, email, SMS, etc)
- Which phone number – home, work or mobile?
- What times are allowed for calling this contact, given their timezone?
- If they are busy, when should a retry be attempted?
- Can Agent Joseph call this contact 10am next Tuesday?
SCC’s Softdial Campaign Manager™ (SCM) module addresses this complexity by automating how outbound contact is handled. By setting rules, the user has precise control so that whatever the business goals – sales, research, appointment setting, collections, etc – outreach strategies can be set up, refined and optimised to make the best use of available resources, and achieve the most successful contacts in the shortest possible time.
SCM provides automation for:
- omnichannel outreach, using any and all contact channels, as the customer prefers
- sophisticated retry options based on all real-time data
- right-time-to-call, including time-zoning, business-hours calling, optimum time of day for different types of number, customer contact preference
- compliance with all regulatory and contractual requirements
- scheduled callbacks.
To maximise contact success by phone, SCM enables the Sytel AI Dialer™ to operate at peak predictive performance, keeping agents talking while minimising abandoned calls. And predictive campaigns can be mixed as necessary with progressive, preview and even IVR (where permitted).
SCM is browser-based so administrators/ supervisors can work wherever they are – home, remote or contact center – maintaining full control over campaigns in all circumstances.
Sophisticated Retry Management
When a customer is not reached, the chance of a successful retry is maximised with SCM’s sophisticated automatic retry management. Every possible attempt can be made to reach every customer without causing undue annoyance or breaking any rules, typically producing 15% greater contact success over simple ‘call everyone again’ strategies.
Precise retry rules can be set with different retry settings for different call outcomes; e.g. try again in 5 mins for a ‘busy’, or ‘after 5pm’ for a ‘no answer’.
Or after a certain number of attempts, use alternative phone numbers if present – home, work, mobile – or try a different channel. Interacting directly with the customer database in real time, SCM bases its decisions on the outcomes of all previous contact attempts.
Callbacks can be scheduled for specific agents or the general pool. Automatic follow-up on commitments means customer expectations are met, increasing the likelihood of successful contact.
Together, these options form a powerful and flexible way to ensure successful contact.
Targeting and Prioritisation
To maximise yield for large enterprises or outsourcers with a large contact dataset, SCM offers flexibility and precise control over which contacts are attempted, and when.
Customers can be selected according to any data available – age, location, purchase history, etc. Or particular sources of data can be prioritised over others according to ratios or how many fresh numbers are still untried.
Whatever your strategy, SCM gives you complete control, and the power to achieve maximum return for your outreach.
Any outreach must be aware of who can be contacted, when and how.
SCM provides easy compliance mechanisms for:
- Do Not Call – SCM automatically cleans all numbers before dialing against any and all requested DNC lists – national, state, company, etc.
- Right Time to Call – Mandatory rules may be in force governing when calling is allowed, which may be different for mobiles and landlines. SCM takes all rules into account when deciding on which consumers to try, using which numbers.
- Customer Preferences – For instance, a customer may have given permission for email contact, but not phone or SMS.
With SCM, all contact is automatically cleaned against customer preferences and any regulations, making both compliance and respect for customer choice easy.
Optimised Predictive Dialing Efficiency
SCC’s AI predictive dialer copes with any fluctuations in the live call rate, constantly adjusting its dialing rate as the live call rate changes. Such changes can occur for a variety of reasons, for example working through a retry list. Performance may drop slightly, but the dialer will provide the very best performance possible under such circumstances. It is what is designed to do.
Nevertheless, just as vehicles get best use of fuel by driving at a constant speed, so dialing performance can be further improved by keeping the rate of live calls reasonably stable. To achieve this, SCM allows the mixing of fresh numbers and retries in a variety of ways. Minimising fluctuations in the live call rate ensures peak predictive performance.
So don’t worry if your live call rate changes significantly over a shift, but if you can avoid this, it makes sense to do so.
See also …
Sytel AI Dialer™
Best-of-breed predictive dialing under any compliance rules
Sytel Global Compliance™
Flexible ‘no contact’ rules to protect contact center and consumer