Sytel Limited collects anonymous statistics about your visit, such as which pages you visited. If you use other third parties such as LinkedIn and Twitter they may also know you visited this website. We cannot control what 3rd parties do with this information but we don’t perceive there to be any issues with then having this knowledge.
If you do not wish to receive further product and marketing information from us, simply contact Sytel’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) at email@example.com to request removal from our marketing list or simply click the link in the newsletter or email from Sytel to remove your email address from our list.
What information do we collect and when?
The majority of information we collect is anonymous aggregated data. For example, we use standard industry tools to understand web traffic volumes by content viewed, time of day, geographic area and ISP
We collect more specific information about you in certain circumstances:
- Details you provide when completing forms to access our free white papers
- We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions, competitions and surveys offered by our web site.
- If you apply for a role at Sytel Limited we will keep your information secure during the application process. If you are successful with your application your personal data will then be included in our internal processes. If you are not successful then we do not retain your details.
We treat all your information as confidential. We comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation. Any personal information which you provide to us is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Please tell us immediately if any of your personal details (name, email address etc.) change, so that we can ensure our records are up to date.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We will use anonymous information to:
- monitor aggregated use of our website in order to identify typical user preferences and track the volume and source of traffic on particular pages
- identify technical errors on our web site and highlight improvements in the structure and navigation of our web site(s) with the aim of enhancing the experience for all web users.
We may contact you by post, text message (SMS), email, telephone or social media. If at any time you decide you no longer want to be contacted by us or to receive offers and information from us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from our database.
We do not share information about you outside Sytel Limited without your specific permission.
How long do we keep your data for?
We will hold onto the information our customers provide for as long as is necessary to provide support-related assistance and reporting only. If legally required, or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required.
We take every precaution to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
- hardware stored in secured data centres behind firewalls
- access to information restricted by password
- restrictions to what information can be accessed by individuals.
How we use your data
With regards to information relating to you that ends up in our possession, we recognise that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information. We commit to giving you the ability to:
- verify the details you have submitted to us by contacting our DPO by email; email@example.com. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your email address and possibly your address.
- contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Sytel Limited. Please note that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your details are deleted at Sytel Limited.
- update us on your details at any point by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please email email@example.com.
We may use your information to notify you about changes to the functionality of our web site. We may send you offers or information which we think you may be interested in.
If for any reason you do not wish to receive further product and marketing information from us by email then it is easy let us know. Simply contact Sytel’s DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org to request removal from our marketing list or click on the link in the newsletter or email to remove yourself.
Sytel Limited’s website uses a tracking tool to provide understanding of visitors to the site. A number of cookies are used to provide that information and better identify unique visitors and make tracking more efficient. Most browsers allow the cookie function to be turned off and you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to use the Sytel website.
LinkedIn, Twitter and other social networks
These services provide social buttons and similar features which we use on our website, such as the “Tweet” button. To do so, we embed code they provide which we do not control ourselves. For these buttons to function, they generally know if you are logged in; for example, LinkedIn use this to say “x likes this”. Sytel Limited does not have access to that information, nor can we control how those networks use it.
Sytel’s DPO may be contacted by email at email@example.com
Accessing any information or downloads (Materials) at this website, you agree to be bound by our terms and conditions.