At a Glance
Runs agent scripts/ forms applications
Added supervisor functions
Customisable for each agent
About Sytel’s blended media desktop
The Agent Desktop within Softdial Contact Center™ (SCC) gives agents the tools and information they need to be most effective in their customer contact sessions, all in a single web-based, blended media desktop.
Unified desktop for agents
With Agent Desktop, agents can:
- handle sessions of all media types – voice, email, chat, social, etc – fully blended within the same interface, without having to log in and out of different channels
- multi-task, with several live sessions open simultaneously, switching between them for work by simply selecting them
- work from anywhere – home, mobile or on-premise – with a WebRTC phone built-in, and no need for a VPN or software installation on the agent’s PC.
With a unified, fully blended desktop, agents no longer have to learn several tools and interfaces, so agent training time is reduced and agent productivity increased.
And agents benefit from the variety in their workload. Coupled with less idle time, this greater engagement means more job satisfaction, making them more likely to stay and reducing recruitment and induction spend.
How SCC’s blended media desktop works
Watch Sytel’s Pre-Sales Manager, Patrick Bosworth, give a demonstration of SCC’s unified agent desktop.
Tools and information for maximum productivity
A typical Agent Desktop layout includes:
1. Session control buttons
Shows relevant buttons for the media type in focus.
Agents have direct access to phone functions – mute, hold, transfer, etc – from within the browser. The phone keypad is embedded, with phone audio native to the browser via WebRTC, requiring only a headset.
2. Session status tabs
Shows one tab for each session of any media type an agent is allowed to handle, e.g. 3 emails, 2 chats, 1 voice.
The number of live sessions of each media type an agent is allowed to handle simultaneously is specified by a supervisor, according to the skills and experience of each agent, not any limitation in the software, so that each agent can achieve their highest potential.
3. Response area
4. Customer contact history
Shows a view of the entire customer journey so far, across all channels, e.g. what has been said, when and in what channel, the contents of previous text conversations, or even transcribed phone calls.
Any data is passed immediately from one session to the next. So for a chat customer transferring to a voice session, the voice agent can view any previous chat/ chatbot interaction. This enables agents to help the customer quickly, without having to ask again for any information already given, and makes a successful outcome more likely.
5. Scripts/ workflow
Shows scripts for guiding the agent through a contact session – from simple prompts to complex forms applications, bringing in customer data from a CRM, or passing data to 3rd party services. These help to boost agent performance – closing a sale, offering other products/ services or providing excellent customer service – and protect company reputation by enforcing standards of courtesy.
Tailoring presentation for each agent
- presenting in the users’ own language, removing unnecessary barriers to efficiency
- using the colors/ branding of a particular client to keep the agent focused and oriented in who they are representing
- specifying exactly which session control buttons/ functions are allowed for each agent in each circumstance.
Agent Desktop also allows access to 3rd party websites/ web applications for …
- business functions such as appointment setting or ordering
- motivational messages
- agent/ team performance data for gamification
… all within a single browser window.
Extra functions for supervisors
Agent Desktop allows supervisors to monitor and intervene in agent voice sessions, and to move agents to different campaigns.
The supervisor can:
- Monitor – listen in to an agent’s conversations without being heard. Completely discreet
- Barge – enter a conversation between an agent and caller, and speak to both parties – similar to a conference call
- Coach – join a call, to provide advice and guidance heard only by the agent
- Move – take one or more agents out of their current campaign and place them in another. The change is seamless and the agents do not have to logout and log back in.
Supervisors can also use all the other agent tools as they wish.
Other performance monitoring tools e.g. for reporting, accessing recordings, etc, are accessible in the same browser workspace via Softdial One.