At a Glance
Ready-to-go integrations with Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp, SMS and others
About 3rd Party Messaging Integration
To enable contact centers to provide service on the channel of the customer’s choice, Softdial Contact Center™ (SCC) provides:
- ready-to-go integrations with a range of existing text applications, e.g. Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp, SMS, via a set of bridges
- straightforward guidelines to enable integration bridges to be built for any 3rd party text or chat service.
How it works
The Softdial Chat Server receives the text information from the bridge and manages the conversations between the end customer and the Sytel services.
When a chat session is started, Sytel’s routing mechanism, Softdial Pathfinder™ will follow all the configured routing rules to determine where to send the text; to a live agent, a virtual IVR agent or to a chatbot bridge for communication with a chatbot.
A text session may be passed between destinations as the situation requires, for example:
- a live agent may transfer a text session to a chatbot in order to process card payment details
- a chatbot might transfer a text session to a live agent if the conversation becomes too complex for the chatbot.
When a text session is transferred from one destination to another, the conversation history is made available to the next destination, removing the need to re-establish who the customer is.
The agent experience is the same no matter where the message is coming from.
An example use case
Here is an example of a use case where an internal chatbot handles an upgrade of a TV package by communicating with an external AI chatbot.
In this flow example:
- a conversation is initiated by either the chatbot, or the customer
- the chatbot asks questions of the customer and qualifies their customer’s ID
- if successful, the chatbot asks an open question – How can I help?
- the customer requests an upgrade
- the internal bot then acts as intermediary between the customer and the external bot, either
- forwarding questions and answers, e.g. Q: Which package would you like? A: The Super Max 502, or
- performing actions e.g. transferring to a live agent, if the chatbot senses that otherwise the customer may sign off
- the customer indicates that they have no more questions
- the internal bot executes the upgrade and closes the conversation.