At a Glance
About Softdial Scripter™
Softdial Scripter™, within the Softdial Contact Center™ (SCC) suite of tools, enables users to design and deliver complex process flow scripts for agents, IVR and chatbots.
A script is simply a set of steps in the form ‘in response to X, do Y’, linked in sequence to form a process flow. Scripts are assigned to queues, so that when a customer contact session enters a queue, the assigned script runs and the steps defined are actioned.
Most Sytel customers use Scripter to develop agent scripts, which smooth the interaction experience for both agent and customer by defining actions and options to guide live agents depending on the customer’s response. But Scripter’s unique versatility also enables users to design scripts to automate a wide range of actions and business functions.
Fast and easy script creation
Scripter is simple enough to use for business level people to get to grips with, but powerful enough to enable complex workflows to be built quickly. Scripter offers:
1. A drag-and-drop design tool to create process flow charts, familiar to most as a method for visualising business process.
With Scripter, business people and technical people can speak the same language and create an application together that truly fulfils a business need.
The flow designer has an extensive library of commonly used script components which can be simply dragged onto the design area, and connected into a flow.
More than 100 standard components are available, including those enabling:
- database interaction via ODBC or web service
- IVR functions such as DTMF recognition, Text to Speech and Speech Recognition
- call handling including transfers, monitoring, recording
- credit card processing and validation
- sending email
- script flow – decision branch, compare values, pause, resume.
2. A visual screen designer, offering text boxes, tables, buttons, checkboxes, dropdown boxes and much more, for constructing guidance and productivity items to be displayed to agents
- simple prompts for what the agent should say
- yes/ no decision branching
- mandatory declarations
- business process integration.
3. A deployment mechanism to attach particular scripts to particular queues.
Script development without code
Scripter is a code writing tool for non-code writers. Its drag-and-drop design interface allows:
- both business and technical people to talk the same language of process flow, aiding the process of application development
- non-code writers to effectively write code and build applications, reducing the need to employ highly skilled developers.
It only takes a few days to learn to create flows using Scripter. Compare that to a few years to become a competent software developer!
Did you know?
With Softdial Scripter, users with minimal experience can develop scripts in a third of the time of conventional programming methods.
Fast script improvement
Scripter allows fast ‘try it and see’ incremental improvement to scripts. Any changes are implemented immediately, executing or displaying them during the next contact session, without interrupting business continuity.
With no need to send to a different department for change, the update cycle time is drastically reduced.
Scripter allows the creation of reusable sequences, or subscripts, that can be used again and again by different scripts, saving on development time and delivering proven functionality across multiple scripts.
Building and delivering agent scripts
These can contain a wide range of functionality, from simple agent prompts with Next buttons, to complex forms applications, fully integrated with back-end services. For details, see Agent Scripts.
Building and delivering IVR/ chatbot scripts
Scripter allows users to:
- create complex IVR process flows
- create chatbots to deliver basic session handling
- integrate external Conversational AI and chatbot services.
For details, see IVR, Conversational AI and Chatbots.
Sytel’s Scripter has proved an invaluable tool in giving our customers the best service possible and our agents the means to provide this.
It’s so versatile, we are still discovering little ‘gems’ to improve further: – it’s an exciting product which has been brilliantly thought out and developed.
Versatility in process automation
Scripter is uniquely versatile, and scripts can be designed to perform a wide range of automation and other business functions, including:
- integration with any 3rd party product, including databases and CRMs
- working with any kind of IVR/messaging system
- workflow management
- providing real-time feedback for both live, IVR and robot scripts
- a full end-to-end chatbot application
- do automated tasks while a session is queued.
To illustrate this flexibility, see these real-life use cases of process flow scripts from out in the field that enable businesses to achieve more through automation and interaction with back-end processes.
Trouble-free script deployment
No matter what has changed, Scripter enables trouble-free script deployment by:
- automatically packaging any library code and dependencies
- checking logic to catch errors at deploy-time instead of run-time.
Scripter also manages versioning, so that as changes occur, scripts can always be returned to a previous state. This makes incremental change low risk, and high reward.