At a Glance
Dynamic workforce management
Sophisticated inbound routing
What is Softdial Contact Center™?
Softdial Contact Center™ (SCC) is Sytel’s flagship suite of feature rich contact center applications and services.
SCC can be deployed either via public/ private cloud or on-premise, by
- enterprise users
- partners, to provide a Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) to many tenants across the globe.
SCC is uniquely flexible, allowing users to either run the full suite, or choose which modules to deploy. It can be extended via SCC’s comprehensive, robust APIs, modified, adapted and even white labelled to fit any business requirements
With SCC, organisations can
- maximise customer satisfaction , by cutting wait-in-queue times, offering a choice of contact methods, and equipping agents with the information they need to delight customers
- maximise agent productivity, with high-performance predictive dialing, and a tailored omnichannel desktop allowing work on several open text sessions at once.
What’s different about Softdial Contact Center™?
Dynamic media blending – blend agents and balance workload
SCC manages communication of all media channels – voice, chat, email, SMS, social and video – automatically blending and load balancing all contact sessions between all agents, all queues and campaigns with its Automatic Session Distributor (ASD®). Agent time is optimised, with typically a 20% boost in productivity, and all SLAs are automatically adhered to, slashing customer wait times, without compromising any outbound predictive dialing performance.
Multi-session – keep agents busy
SCC’s Agent Desktop keeps agents busy by allowing them to handle multiple text-based contact sessions at the same time, switching between them as necessary, while still available to take incoming calls whenever required. With all media channels presented in a single, consistent UI, the agent’s life is made easier and more varied, increasing job satisfaction, improving agent retention and lowering training costs.
Multi-tenant – scalable, secure, partitioned
SCC is designed from the ground up to be hosted in the cloud, enabling partners to build a business providing Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS), serving hundreds of partitioned, secure tenants, around the world on a single hosted system. Cloud capacity can be ramped up and new tenants added with ease, with no down time. Each tenant can be configured exactly to their requirements, with separate instances of key services for each.
Work anywhere – home, mobile, on-premise
SCC offers tools for agents, supervisors and administrators within a web browser.so agents can work from home with just an entry level laptop/ tablet, a headset and an internet connection. Supervisors can manage agents from a contact center or on the move, and admin staff can respond quickly to changing needs, updating configurations from anywhere at any time.
Resilience & recovery
SCC has been especially architected to withstand the storms of the hard-working distributed contact center, where network and hardware failure is a fact of life. In such circumstances, SCC components gracefully clean up and recover with the minimum of customer intervention.
Increase customer satisfaction | Improve agent performance
Whatever the business goals of your contact center, both customer and agent satisfaction are vital.
See how SCC enhances the customer experience
See how SCC takes agent performance to another level
SCC optimises the handling of both inbound and outbound sessions.
A ‘session’, in the world of multi-media contact, is the equivalent of ‘call’ in the world of telephony. Session management from initiation, through routing and handling, to disposition and reporting/ replaying – is core to SCC. This centralised authority model enables highly sophisticated decisions to be made, at lightning speed, in reaction to fluctuations in conditions, e.g. agent numbers or spikes in inbound volume; for example:-
- For inbound – SCC’s Automatic Session Distributor (ASD) maintains a range of SLAs across many media channels, blending agents seamlessly as demand requires
- For outbound – SCC’s predictive dialing algorithm stays automatically within even the toughest compliance rules.
This centralised authority enables blending not only of agents, moving them from time critical work to handle spikes in inbound volume, but also spreading the workload on all contact channels so as to adhere automatically to all SLAs and to optimise agent efficiency.
SCC supports any mix of audio/ video and text-based media sessions (email, SMS chat, social, etc).
All media channels are treated consistently throughout, enabling for example:
- a chat or chatbot session can transfer seamlessly to a live agent
- a script written for a voice conversation will work equally well for a chat conversation.
SCC’s modular media plug-in architecture allows additional media channels such as 3rd party chat apps or other web services to be easily added as required.
The blending capabilities of Softdial Contact Center has been a game changer for us in terms of the efficiency of our agents. The ability to work on multiple chat sessions, email, as well as a voice call at the same time has given the phrase ‘multi-tasking’ an entirely new meaning for us.
The agents are certainly kept busy and are enjoying the new diversity this brings to their work.
All agent activity is conducted using a single web UI called Softdial One™, which includes:
- multiple session control
- multiple active chat, email or SMS sessions, while also being available for a voice session
- agent scripts
- 3rd party web pages/ apps
SCC provides a range of management tools, also delivered within Softdial One™. Its versatility enables the display, within a single user interface, of any combination of information and functional panels giving control over any and all areas of configuration and management of resources, including:
- performance reports
- campaign and list configuration
- compliance with any global rules
- tenant provisioning
- supervisor functions (e.g. monitor, barge and whisper)
- configuration of shared resources, e.g.
- outcome codes
- users, endpoints, queues
- search and playback of recordings
Did you know?
Sytel occupies a unique place in the market. We are the only provider of a technology stack that partners use on an OEM basis to deliver a full-service cloud contact center service.
In order to help supervisors/ managers ensure best practices for agents, and troubleshoot when these are not followed, SCC supports:
- audio recording of agent and customer voice conversations
- screen recording of the agents workstation.
AI and automation
Central to SCC is the principle that anything that can be automated, should be. To facilitate this:
- the pacing of its predictive dialing is controlled by the Virtual Event Machine (VEM ®), with no supervisor involvement
- bots of all types – IVR, chat, email – can be created entirely within SCC using Softdial Scripter™, SCC’s drag and drop, no-code flow design tool
- SCC has its own Natural Language Processing (NLP) engine, for gaining insight into customer intent
- Scripter can also automate many workflow functions within the contact center , e.g. retrieving data to inform routing decisions, or display to the agent.
From the inception of SCC as a plug-in within 3rd party contact center environments, APIs have been at its core. All areas of functionality are exposed for easy integration with 3rd party applications, from CATI products for market research, to AI routing decision products, to CRM systems.
The API set is:
- robust – all SCC services make use of the SCC APIs. Therefore they have been thoroughly tested, updated and proven in the field over decades, which ensures high reliability
- comprehensive – every aspect of control is offered up for 3rd party control via the agent/ user, management, CTI and campaign APIs.
The APIs are available in a variety of transports to fit any situation, including sockets, web sockets, HTTP and HTTPS.